MN100: Elliott Bay Design Group
Named one of this year's MarineNews' prestigious MN100 firms, Elliott Bay Design Group (EBDG) in 2019 expanded to the East Coast by opening an office in New York and teamed with AMD Marine Consulting Designs to be their exclusive North American vessel design representative. EBDG delivers designs that are better to build and better to operate.
EBDG is a full-service, employee-owned company with offices in Seattle, New Orleans, Ketchikan and New York. The firm provides naval architecture, marine engineering and production support services to owners, operators and shipyards across the country. EBDG’s extensive project portfolio spans a number of vessel types, including barges, tugs, offshore vessels, ferries, passenger vessels, and workboats, and encompasses unique projects from lofting art installations and high-end yacht hulls to one-off service vessel designs and structures. The partnership with AMD Marine Consulting expands EBDG’s repertoire of available vessel designs. AMD specializes in multi-hull designs ideal for the high-speed ferry market as well as military, paramilitary vessels, fisheries patrol and rescue vessels. With a dozen newbuild passenger/vehicle ferries in the works, collectively being built at myriad yards coast-to-coast, EBDG is also actively involved in the conversion of the Jumbo Mark II ferries to hybrid technology for Washington State Ferries.
ON THE WEB: www.ebdg.com/
Other stories from August 2019 issue
- MN100: Chris Allard: Co-Owner / CEO Metal Shark page: 10
- MN100: ABB page: 12
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry: Women on the Water page: 16
- MN100: Cimco Marine and the OXE Diesel Outboard page: 24
- MN100: Harbor Harvest's Shortsea, Environmentally Correct Shipping Arrives page: 30
- MN100: Elliott Bay Design Group page: 36
- MN100: Robert Allan Ltd. page: 74
- MN100: The Apprentice School at Newport News Shipbuilding page: 76
- MN100: Thordon Bearings Inc. page: 84