Schneider And Moody Named To New Posts At Moore-McCormack Lines
Robert E. O'Brien, president of Moore-McCormack Lines, Incorporated, has announced the appointment of Frederick W. Schneider as director of outport operations.
In his new position, Mr. Schneider will have the overall responsibility for the operational functions of the company at East Coast ports other than New York.
Mr. Schneider attended the U.S.
Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, N.Y. He joined Mooremack in 1943 as third officer on the S/S Mormacrey. In 1957, he came ashore as operations manager in Boston, Mass., and has held various positions in the Lines' outport offices until the present date. Mr. Schneider will maintain his headquarters in Philadelphia, Pa.
Peter J. Moody will assume Mr.
Schneider's former position as operations manager-Philadelphia, and will be responsible for the stevedoring, terminal and marine activities of that port.
Mr. Moody joined Mooremack in 1947 as an employee of Moore- McCormack Stevedoring Company in Philadelphia, and in 1972 became assistant operations manager of the company's Philadelphia office.
Moore-McCormack Lines is the ocean-shipping subsidiary of Moore McCormack Resources, Inc.
Other stories from October 15, 1977 issue
- $11-Million Award To Raymond Int'l For Dock Work In Nigeria page: 4
- James A. Farrell Jr. Receives Admiral Of The Ocean Sea (AOTOS) Award page: 6
- Bethlehem Beaumont To Build Teledyne Drilling Platform page: 6
- Newport News Lays Keel For First ULCC In $418-Million Contract page: 6
- American Bureau Of Shipping Elects Johnston President page: 10
- DeLong Corporation Appoints Ogden Chief Engineer page: 10
- Dockside To Represent Burmeister & Wain In Southern California page: 11
- Sun Company Names Maling Vice President page: 11
- Atlantic Sandblasting Receives Fourteen-Ship Mexican Contract page: 12
- Paul Atkinson Retires, Peter Hepp Elected Sun Ship President page: 14
- Zapata Names Four Senior Executives To New Posts page: 18
- Booklet Describes Vinyl Coatings For Corrosion Control page: 18
- Carrington Launches Self-Unloading Cement Carrier page: 22
- Bird-Johnson Appoints National And Regional Sales Managers page: 23
- Ro/Ro Shipping-An Appraisal Of Its Role In Dry Cargo Trade page: 24
- Senior USCG Advisor Robert Lakey Joins Helge Ringdal, Inc. page: 26
- Five Companies Form Technology Group To Build Canadian Ships page: 27
- Shipowners Seek To Enjoin Alaska State Tanker Law page: 28
- Avondale Launches 165,000-DWT Tanker For Standard Oil (Ohio) Alaskan Service page: 29
- R.E. Derecktor Delivers Tug To Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co. page: 30
- Paper On Drydock Designs Presented At San Diego Meeting page: 34
- Schneider And Moody Named To New Posts At Moore-McCormack Lines page: 34
- Burmeister & Wain Opens Marine Service Center In Hong Kong page: 34
- Prudential Lines Names Captain George Evans page: 35
- Brochure Describes Removal Of Smoke From Air Vents page: 35
- Gotaverken Delivers Third Tanker For Iraq page: 36
- Crossocean Shipping Names Thomas Giardino page: 36
- Johnston Vertical Pumps Names Hoffert Marine page: 36
- United States Lines Names Capt. Yarborough Assistant Marine Supt. page: 39
- Varo Names Johnson Marine Coordinator page: 39
- American Club Triples Tonnage In Five Years page: 39
- MarAd Releases 15 Technical Reports On Gas Turbines page: 42
- Bath Iron Works Appoints Igo Jekkals page: 43
- Webb Institute Receives Grant For Research Facilities page: 43
- ABS Reports Increase In Classifications page: 44
- APL Team To Analyze Systems Controlling Steam Plants On Ships page: 45
- Stow Introduces New Remote Valve Control Flexible Shaft page: 46
- U.S. Navy Officers Assigned To Kings Point page: 46
- Owners Strongly Oppose Federal Financing Bank Control Of Title XI page: 47
- Eleven New Members Elected To American Bureau Of Shipping page: 48
- CCL Shipcare Limited New Marine Service page: 48
- New Maritime Firm Port Fabricators, Inc. Active In Louisiana page: 50
- Edwin G.B. Terry Joins Tidewater Marine Service page: 53
- Waterproofed Engines On Self-Righting Lifeboat Restart Following Capsize page: 53
- Lloyd's Register Announces Major Changes For 1978 page: 54
- DeLong Jack Systems Described In Brochure page: 55