Tenneco's Newport News Industrial Corp. (NNI) Appoints M.R. Eshelman
M. Roger Eshelman has been appointed director of engineering for Tenneco's Newport News Industrial Corporation (NNI).
Mr. Eshelman will direct corporation engineering, design and quality assurance for NNI.
A native of Indiana, Pa., Mr.
Eshelman is a 1961 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, with a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
In 1970, he received a master's degree in engineering from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va.
Mr. Eshelman joins NNI with more than 16 years of designing and engineering experience at Newport News Shipbuilding, including participation on the SSN 688-Class submarine propulsion plant design team from design inception (1965) to lead ship delivery (1976).
Mr. Eshelman is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
He also is an elder of the First Presbyterian Church of Newport News.
NNI is a subsidiary of Tenneco's Newport News Shipbuilding.
The company's capabilities embrace almost every aspect of commercial nuclear power and it has designed, installed or serviced more than 100 nuclear reactors.
NNI is currently engaged in the marketing and production of components and services for nuclear, c o n v e n t i o n a l and hydroelectric powerplants. The company is also involved in nuclear powerplant construction management, heavy and light machining and fabrication, and foundry products of steel and nonferrous iron.
Other stories from December 1977 issue
- Mar Ad Approves Sale Of Tuna Boats To Foreign Companies page: 4
- Eisenbiegler And Rippy Named Presidents Of Two Sun Subsidiaries page: 6
- James S. Byrn Named President Genstar Marine page: 7
- MarAd Contract Let For Development Of Standardized Carrier page: 7
- Bethlehem Steel Sparrows Point Lays Keel For $78-Million Farrell Lines Containership page: 8
- Navy Commissions Ninth Of 30 Destroyers Being Built By Ingalls Shipbuilding page: 8
- SNAME Completes Boiler Safety Report page: 10
- Raytheon Names Millard Commercial Marine Marketing Manager page: 10
- Charles Murphy Receives Halert C. Shepheard Award For Merchant Marine Safety page: 13
- Program Outlined For Annual Conference On Marine Coatings page: 14
- State Boat Awards Contract To Blount For Offshore Supply Boats page: 15
- MarAd Releases Two-Volume Report Prepared By DeLaval page: 15
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Hears Paper On New Flexible Shipbuilding And Ship Repair Facility page: 16
- ARCTEC Canada Limited Opens Testing Facility And Ice Towing Basin page: 17
- Marine Equipment Suppliers Apply For Title XI To Build Self-Propelled Pipelay Ship page: 18
- Strict Liability And Its Impact On Marine Field Discussed By SNAME No. Calif. Section page: 18
- SNAME Pacific Northwest Section Holds Annual Meeting At Harrison Hot Springs, B.C. page: 20
- New Single Point Monitoring Salinity Control System page: 20
- Worthington Announces Management Positions In Marketing And Sales page: 21
- Rapifax Supplies U.S. Lines With Shipping Industry's First High-Speed Facsimile System page: 22
- Mississippi Marine Begins Offshore Boat Construction page: 23
- Series Production Of Aluminum LNG Spheres page: 24
- ICHCA Conference Set For Helsinki May 26-June 1, 1979 page: 26
- Comet Marine Named Marine Distributor By Crane Packing page: 26
- Oceangoing Towing Guidelines Issued By Det Norske Veritas page: 28
- Bird-Johnson Names Darby Sales Engineer For The Gulf Coast page: 28
- Perko Full Line Catalog Just Released page: 29
- Frankel Elected President Of IMODCO page: 30
- CADCOM, Inc. Appoints F. William Helming page: 30
- Seatrain Shipbuilding Appoints Hellenbrecht Chief Marine Engineer page: 31
- ASNE Reports Details Of Recent Symposium On Combat Systems page: 38
- Combustion Engineering Names Robert Fortier page: 38
- Tenneco's Newport News Industrial Corp. (NNI) Appoints M.R. Eshelman page: 41
- Southeast Shipyard Association Elects Fitzgerald President page: 41
- Belcher Tugs To Use Burmeister & Wain Slow Speed Diesels page: 42
- Three Papers Presented At SNAME California Sections Annual Joint Meeting page: 43
- UNITOR Ships Service Holds Dedication Ceremony To Mark Opening Of Facilities In New Jersey page: 44
- Magnus Maritec Names Three To Sales Posts page: 44
- Zapata In Joint Fishing Venture In Costa Rica page: 45
- Sun Ship Forms New Estimating Department —Brawner Named Manager page: 46
- Barney Evans Opens Public Relations Firm page: 47
- Thistle Field Drilling Started By Santa Fe page: 47
- IMODCO Wins Petrobras Contract To Install SPM At Record Depth page: 47
- Second Generation LNG Carriers Subject Of Paper Presented At ASNE Pascagoula Section Meeting page: 49
- Great Lakes/Great Rivers Section Hears Three Technical Papers During Fall Meeting In Ann Arbor page: 52
- Union Mechling's Application For Aid To Build 58 Barges Approved In Principle By MarAd page: 52