L. James Gardner Joins Bath Iron
President John F. Sullivan of the Bath Iron Works Corporation, Bath, Maine, has announced the appointment of L. James Gardner as general counsel for the shipyard.
Mr. Gardner is the shipyard's first f u l l - t i m e staff attorney.
He has extensive experience in corporate, governmental and international law, and recently returned to this country after a long-term assignment in South America.
He joins Bath Iron Works from Page Communications Engineers, Inc., a subsidiary of the Northrop Corporation, where he was responsible for legal activities of all foreign and domestic operations.
His professional career has included positions on the legal staffs of RCA Corporation, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and the U.S.
Navy Department's Office of General Counsel.
He took his undergraduate degree in f o r e i g n a f f a i r s from George Washington University and his law degree from the University of Arizona.
Other stories from September 15, 1978 issue
- Data Sheet Describes Shipboard Interior Fireproof Panels page: 4
- Bell Aerospace Delivers 160-Ton Air Cushion Landing Craft To Navy page: 6
- Avondale To Construct Two Multi-Product Ships For Ogden Marine page: 6
- Orion Gautreaux Named Zapata Vice President page: 6
- Eagle Dredging Awards $25-Million Contract To Avondale Shipyards, Inc. page: 8
- Newfoundland Headed For Major Economic Advances In 1980s page: 9
- ALRC Gets $13-Million Award To Supply Pumps For Boeing-Built Ships page: 10
- W.E. Christiansen Jr. Joins St. Louis Ship page: 10
- PSI Completes Total Package Concept With Todd 'Apache' Contract page: 12
- MarAd Study Examines Shipping Policy Options page: 14
- Three-Day Maritime Safety Meeting Set For Chicago October 2-4 page: 15
- J. Ray McDermott & Co., Inc. Delivers 126-Foot Tug To Louisiana Tugs Company page: 16
- First Crab Boat Built By Halter Marine, The 150-Foot Alaskan Enterprise, To Operate In Bering Sea For Francis Miller page: 16
- Boeing Awards Six Hydrofoil Contracts Totaling $4,360,000 page: 18
- Hongkong United Dockyards Ltd. (HUD) Forms New Subsidiary page: 18
- NKK Signs Agreement With Baker Marine Corp. page: 20
- Women Invade Engineers' Seagoing Dredge Fleet page: 20
- Technical Report On Mooring For LNG Ships Released By MarAd page: 22
- Port Electric Named Marine Distributor By Jeamar Winches Ltd. page: 22
- Perry Oceanographies Designs And Builds New Undersea Work System page: 23
- Samson And SMATCO Join To Expand Traction Winch Market page: 24
- Captain Tom Smith Forms CTS And Associates page: 24
- Charles Lehman Elected ACBL Vice President page: 24
- Swann Oil Relocates New York Office page: 24
- IMODCO Receives Third Contract From PEMEX In Two-Month Period page: 24
- James H. Sanborn Joins Interstate And Ocean Transport Company page: 26
- L. James Gardner Joins Bath Iron page: 29
- Castle & Cooke, Inc. Plans Purchase Of Seven Ships page: 29
- Nominations Are Open For Shepheard Award For Maritime Safety page: 30
- Human Element In Ship Operation Is Subject Of Maine Maritime Seminar page: 30
- Halter Marine Adds Tenth Shipyard page: 30
- Raymond Subsidiary Awarded $10-Million Contract In Venezuela page: 36
- Port Everglades Foreign Trade Zone Expansion Approved page: 36
- Canadian Shipbuilding Production Summary For First Six Months page: 36
- Marine Concrete Structures Delivers First 2 Platforms From New Dock Facility page: 38
- The 1,000-Foot M/V George A. Stinson Joins National Steel's Fleet Of Ore-Carrying Vessels page: 40
- Australian Designs Fast 1,600-Ton Containership With Crew Of Only Five page: 40
- SNAME Gulf Central Section Told How A Load Line Assignment Is Obtained page: 43
- Repairing Vessels Since 1834, Camden Ship Repair Company Starts $4-Million Expansion page: 44
- API President Suggests That Oil Firms Should Participate In Solving U.S. Energy Dilemma page: 44
- World And U.S. Bulk Shipping page: 46
- The Effect Of The 1978 IMCO Tanker Safety And Pollution Prevention Conference On Ship Design And Operation page: 49
- James Sweat Joins Matzer Associates page: 49
- Offshore Logistics, Inc. Announces Earnings For The Year Ended June 30 page: 49
- Maritime Transportation Research Board Names Five New Members page: 50
- Francis A. Martin And Ottaway, Inc. Name Norman Jensen Partner page: 50
- Francis W. Bauer Joins ORBA Corporation page: 51
- Jardine Plans To Restructure Oilfield Servicing—New Name Jardine Offshore Promet page: 52