Genstar Appoints West Executive Vice President
Jack A. West has been elected an executive vice president of Genstar Corporation, of San Francisco, Calif. Based in the company's San Francisco executive office, he has assumed responsibility for its marine services group and heavy construction operations.
The marine services group includes Seaspan International Ltd., Genstar Shipping Ltd., and Mc- Allister Towing & Salvage Ltd.
Effective January 1, 1984, he will also be placed in charge of Genstar's U.S. building materials manufacturing operations.
Mr. West had joined King Paving Company of Ontario in 1956 and became an executive of the Flintkote Company when that corporation purchased King Paving in 1960. At the time Genstar acquired Flintkote in 1979, he was president of the stone products operation.
Prior to this new appointment, he had been president of Genstar Cement & Lime Company in San Francisco.
With annual sales in excess of $1.5 billion, Genstar—a leading supplier of building materials and services—is active in land and real estate development and is engaged in a variety of financial and marine services.
Other stories from August 1983 issue
- IThe First Annual International Inland Waterways Conference & Trade Show page: 6
- NASSCO Holds Christening For Second Ingram-Class Tanker page: 14
- Dravo Offers Free 66-Page Color Brochure Describing Towboat & Barge Designs page: 15
- Genstar Appoints West Executive Vice President page: 15
- SNAME Panel SP-8 Members Survey NASSCO's Productivity Gains page: 16
- Oerlikon Opens $7-Million U.S. Manufacturing And Laboratory Plant For Welding Consumables page: 17
- Moran Appoints Two Top Executives page: 18
- Moss Point Marine Delivers Nicor Clipper- Largest Offshore Tug/Supply Vessel Built In The U.S. page: 22
- Lehman N a m e d Manager M a r i n e A n d Industrial Sales At E l e c t r o - M o t i ve page: 23
- M i d l a n d A f f i l i a t e d O f f e rs Brochure O n Inland W a t e r w a y s Services page: 23
- DECK MACHINERY A REVIEW page: 24
- Swiftships Delivers Second 117-Foot Tug To Otto Candies page: 52
- First Guyed Tower Platform Installed In Gulf of Mexico page: 52
- $ 4 - M i l l i o n C o n t a i n e r s h i ps S e p a r a t o r C o n t r a ct A w a r d e d A l f a - L a v al page: 53
- AWO Higher User Taxes Would Be Bad Economics page: 55
- Halter Marine Building Diesel-Electric Sternwheeler For 1984 World's Fair page: 58
- Newport News Completes Annual Overhaul Of Cruise Liner Veendam In 12 Days page: 63
- FMC Delivers Third Hydraulic Dump Barge To Smith-Rice page: 63
- $186-Million Contract To Convert Tanker Into Hospital Ship Awarded To National Steel page: 68
- Halifax Industries Celebrates Inauguration Of Floating Dock —Brochure Offered On Facilities page: 68
- Bender Delivers First Five Of Twenty Shrimp Boats For Guyana page: 69
- George Fegert Honored For Work With Shipyard Conference page: 74
- MSC And Ocean Carriers Sign $250-Million T-5 Tanker Pact page: 74
- Tuna Clipper Saves 80,000 Gallons Of Fuel On One Trip—Literature Available page: 74