Australian Admiral Test-Starts New Sub Engine At Hedemora Diesel—Literature Available
Rear Adm. Oscar Hughes, project leader with overall responsibility for the Royal Australian Navy's new submarine project, recently visited Sweden's Hedemora Diesel AB to test-start a prototype engine that is one of a series of engines intended for six submarines.
The order, which includes a total of 19 engines, including logistics, is a significant breakthrough for Hedemora Diesel in the international naval vessel market. It is also confirmation that the company is manufacturing engines that satisfy the technological requirements of the 1990s.
The test-start of the prototype engine is an important milestone in the total delivery program, ordered by Australian Submarine Corporation, ASC, which will be completed in stages between 1990 and 1995.
Hedemora Diesel engines are currently installed in a large number of industrial, marine, naval-defense and railway application areas, worldwide.
For the 1990s, Hedemora Diesel is focusing increasingly on the development of high-performance engines for naval-defense installations.
For free literature on engines from Hedemora Diesel AB, Circle 53 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 1989 issue
- IMO Delaval Names Three New Managers For Turbine Division page: 8
- Manitowoc Engineering Names Fox Executive VP And General Manager page: 9
- Ocean Survey Ship, USNS Tanner, Launched By Beth-Sparrows Point page: 9
- Avondale Industries Christens N a v y ' s Newest Fleet Oiler, USNS Pecos ( T - A O - 1 9 7) page: 10
- Emergency Rescue Beacon Introduced By Litton To Aid Mariners In Distress page: 10
- Nine M A N B & W Holeby GenSets Ordered For Three Containerships To Be Built At Odense Shipyard page: 11
- MarAd Repair Subsidy Proposal Opposed By U.S. Shipbuilders page: 11
- WORLD SHIPBUILDING A MARKET POISED FOR RAPID TAKE-OFF AND SUSTAINED GROWTH page: 12
- U.S. YARDS COULD COMPETE WITH EUROPE IN 1990s* page: 14
- A SHIPBUILDER'S PERSPECTIVE page: 16
- THE SHORT CRUISE MARKET IH EUROPE AHD HORTH AMERICA page: 17
- EUROPE 1992: WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR U.S. COMPAHIES? page: 18
- OUTSTANDING OCEANGOING SHIPS OF 1989 page: 20
- A STATUS REPORT ON NAVY SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR page: 27
- $23-Million Navy Contract Awarded Avondale To Enlarge Auxiliary Oiler page: 33
- U.S. Coast Guard Patrol Boats To Be Repowered W i t h Cat Engines page: 34
- Fincantieri Launches 'Scarabeo 5' Semisubmersible Drilling Rig page: 45
- Autronica Receives Order For Radar-Based Level Gaging Systems page: 47
- Cummins-Powered 'Grand Romance' Begins Excursion Service On St. Johns River In Florida page: 48
- Australian Admiral Test-Starts New Sub Engine At Hedemora Diesel—Literature Available page: 48
- W a r t s i l a Diesel Repowers Seattle Fishing Vessels page: 49
- MSI/CAORF Trains How To Avoid Ship Accidents Before They Happen page: 49
- Workboats Northwest Delivers Versatile 58-Foot Fishing Vessel page: 49