Autronica Receives Order For Radar-Based Level Gaging Systems
Autronica has received the order for GL-90 radar-based level gaging systems for the 56,000 m^ LPG/ NH3/VCM carriers ordered at the Kvaerner Govan yard in Glasgow.
The system will measure the level in eight cargo tanks and is connected to an Autronica alarm and control system covering the cargo monitoring functions.
For these ships Autronica will also supply an extensive alarm and control system for the engine room, type KD-10S20 and incorporated in this system is a fire alarm system KDF-00 based on analogue, addressable detectors. Alarm presentation and control will be on the CCRTs.
For condition monitoring of the main diesel engine, Autronica will supply the MlP-Calculator NK-5 which is becoming "the tool" for the engineers onboard, with orders received this year to reach about 100 ships.
For more information and free literature from Autronica, Circle 42 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 1989 issue
- IMO Delaval Names Three New Managers For Turbine Division page: 8
- Manitowoc Engineering Names Fox Executive VP And General Manager page: 9
- Ocean Survey Ship, USNS Tanner, Launched By Beth-Sparrows Point page: 9
- Avondale Industries Christens N a v y ' s Newest Fleet Oiler, USNS Pecos ( T - A O - 1 9 7) page: 10
- Emergency Rescue Beacon Introduced By Litton To Aid Mariners In Distress page: 10
- Nine M A N B & W Holeby GenSets Ordered For Three Containerships To Be Built At Odense Shipyard page: 11
- MarAd Repair Subsidy Proposal Opposed By U.S. Shipbuilders page: 11
- WORLD SHIPBUILDING A MARKET POISED FOR RAPID TAKE-OFF AND SUSTAINED GROWTH page: 12
- U.S. YARDS COULD COMPETE WITH EUROPE IN 1990s* page: 14
- A SHIPBUILDER'S PERSPECTIVE page: 16
- THE SHORT CRUISE MARKET IH EUROPE AHD HORTH AMERICA page: 17
- EUROPE 1992: WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR U.S. COMPAHIES? page: 18
- OUTSTANDING OCEANGOING SHIPS OF 1989 page: 20
- A STATUS REPORT ON NAVY SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR page: 27
- $23-Million Navy Contract Awarded Avondale To Enlarge Auxiliary Oiler page: 33
- U.S. Coast Guard Patrol Boats To Be Repowered W i t h Cat Engines page: 34
- Fincantieri Launches 'Scarabeo 5' Semisubmersible Drilling Rig page: 45
- Autronica Receives Order For Radar-Based Level Gaging Systems page: 47
- Cummins-Powered 'Grand Romance' Begins Excursion Service On St. Johns River In Florida page: 48
- Australian Admiral Test-Starts New Sub Engine At Hedemora Diesel—Literature Available page: 48
- W a r t s i l a Diesel Repowers Seattle Fishing Vessels page: 49
- MSI/CAORF Trains How To Avoid Ship Accidents Before They Happen page: 49
- Workboats Northwest Delivers Versatile 58-Foot Fishing Vessel page: 49