Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, Inc., Whidbey Island, Wash., recently christened the second of two catamaran passenger ferries it has built for the U.S. Army for use in the Marshall Islands. Built under a $1.8-million contract, the 72-foot FB-817
The PNOC Marine Corporation facility at Batangas Bay in the Philippines has experienced dramatic and rapid growth during its short five-year life. It has developed into a modern Lloyds-rated Class A shipbuilding and repair complex. Strategically located on a 50-hectare site at San Miguel,
Reportedly the first completed exhibit of the 1984 Louisiana World's Fair became a reality recently when the 1,000 passenger paddlewheel riverboat Creole Queen was christened in New Orleans. The new 190-foot by 40-foot sternwheeler which was built by Halter Marine, Inc.
The recent award from the Japanese Defense Agency for its two newest Coastal Mine Sweepers secures Omnithruster's position as one of the leading designers and manufacturers of advanced, low noise, shock hardened thrusters. The Omnithruster JT575AM,
The Portsmouth, U.K., yard of Aluminium Shipbuilders Ltd. will build a 161-foot wave-piercing catamaran for Condor, the Guernsey ferry operator. The twin-deck vessel, designed by International Catamaran Designs, will be the largest passenger-only
An old naval submariner once said there are really only two types of ships — submarines and targets. However when it comes to corrosion, all ships are targets. Corrosion is the natural predator of all steel that operates in salt water environments.
Newport News Shipbuilding, Newport News, Va., which has just completed a 150-acre complex for the construction of commercial ships, has announced the first phase of what is expected to be a major facilities expansion and modernization program in its South Yard.
Levingston Shipbuilding Com- pany, Orange, Texas, recently launched the first of two jackup drilling rigs for Noble Drilling Corporation of Ardmore, Okla. Noble Drilling, one of the lead- ing domestic drilling contracting firms, formed in 1921,